Since 1996, The Baltimore Sun has covered the play-by-play, the highs and lows, and the ups and downs of our hometown team, the Baltimore Ravens.
The Ravens have the 7th highest fan penetration among all NFL clubs and the Flock makes up 59.4% of Baltimore adults over the age of 18. We like to think we play a pivotal role in connecting fans with the team, and the numbers seem to back that up:
- 588,000 Ravens Fans receive at least one BSM product every week
- Ravens fans are 17% more likely to visit the Baltimoresun.com than the general Baltimore DMA
- Last season our Ravens coverage drew 1.9 Million page views per month
- 79% of Baltimore Ravens fans will support brands connected to the team
- Ravens fans spend 72% of total sports time with the NFL. The average Ravens fan spends 5.2 hours per week in-season engaging with the NFL
- 28% of Ravens fans are African American. (Highest percentage in the NFL)
- 52.6% of Ravens fans are male, 47.4% are female
- 41% of Ravens fans are under the age of 44
Here at Baltimore Sun Media we can leverage our award-winning journalism and unique, custom digital content solutions to drive results for your business. This is no more evident than with our popular Ravens content, which we can use to elevate your message and reach Ravens fans 24 hours a day. We have a full squad of sponsorship opportunities across digital and print to suit every budget all season long. We also have the bandwidth and the agility to respond and react to any disruption in the season and ensure that your marketing dollars our looked after accordingly.
Earlier this year we helped Maryland National Guard respond to the disruption placed upon them by the pandemic and the lack of the type of sporting events and programming that they would usually advertising alongside. Their goal was to reach young 18+ prospects, and we responded to brief with a campaign where they would have run of site around our live stream of the NFL Draft. We knew that as one of the few sporting related events in that period we would see strong engagement and the campaign delivered a great return on investment for the client with a CTR well above industry standard.
As we look forward to the season ahead, here are just some of the potential sponsorship opportunities his season:
Ravens Game Day
We can offer a full host of opportunities to be alongside our Ravens content on game day:
- Fixed Ad Positions – 100% SOV in top position and cube placement throughout the season
- Run of section banner ads – 200,000 ROS banner ads to be served throughout Ravens sections content including, Ravens Insider and photos
- Exclusive Branded ‘Presented By’ logo – 100% SOV with est. 320,000 monthly impressions
Five Things We Learned
Columnist Childs Walker writes a Five Things We Learned off every Ravens game. This is one of our most popular items and throughout Ravens season is the top traffic-driver in sports. Our package includes:
- Fixed Billboard and cube- 100% SOV in top position and cube placement throughout the season
- Baltimore Sun National Video Pre-roll – Connect with your target audience by serving your :15 or :30 second video spot throughout national sports content on Baltimoresun.com (60,000 monthly impressions)
- Run of Section Banner ads – 100,000 ROS banner ads to be served throughout Ravens sections content including, Ravens insider, cheerleader and photos
- + Print – Logo inclusion and strip ad adjacent to the 5 Things We Learned in Print (4x / per month)
Post Game Day Video Series
In this weekly video series,our Baltimore Sun Media Ravens experts will share their insights with game day recaps and previews of every single Ravens game this season, plus their NFL insider take on this year’s season. The sponsorship package includes:
- Post game day recap video series hosted by rotating Baltimore Sun Ravens reporters
- Ravens Game Day editorial series sponsorship–-Connect with fans with our Ravens coverage, including live reports, blog and Ravens Film Study!
- Fixed billboard and cube – SOV in the Ravens Game Day section (fixed billboard and cube placements) – 4 weeks (est. 10,000 monthly impressions)
- Video Pre-roll – Connect with your target audience by serving your :15 or :30 second video spot
- Logo inclusion in video title card
- Baltimore Sun National Video Pre-roll – Connect with your target audience by serving your :15 or :30 second video spot throughout national sports content on Baltimoresun.com (100,000 monthly impressions)
- 250,000 Run-of- Sports section banner ads
- Sponsorship of the Ravens Watch Newsletter (4-Weeks)
Don’t see anything here that fits your brief? Talk to us – these are just some of the options available. Whether its adjacencies to our live Ravens Twitter feed; sponsored podcasts; branded online quizzes with lead generation or any other branded content; and so much more – we have you covered.
Talk to your Baltimore Sun Media sales assistant now.